Friday, November 4, 2011

The wonderful world of dressage !!

dres·sage

[druh-sahzh; Fr. dre-sazh] Show IPA
noun
2. the artor method of training a horse in obedience and in precision of movement.
Well I have started yet another working student postion, and i've been there for about 3 weeks now and I love it. I'm a working student for dressage trainer Jennifer Conour. 12 hour days 5 days a week, her favorite saying is "move your feet" and that is what we do all day long. Everyone there works really hard all day long. The upside of being a working student for her is the faster I get the barn cleaned in the morning the soon and or more horses I will get to ride that day. I ride anywhere from 3-6 horses a day, 3 or 4 of those in a lesson.
I have learned more in 3 week then I have learned in years of riding. The advantage I get of being her working student is getting to ride all kinds of horses at all different ages with all sorts of problems. the most improtant thing i have learned is get in there get the job done and then give!! I have had many lung line lesssons where i just get to work on  my seat, my leg, and my body postion. it has been great.  i have also learned neat stuff like standing up bareback on a horses back (: I love my lessons !!
There will be many more storys and picture to come !! i have been super busy and soo sorry that it took me this long to write !! (:
Enjoy !!

4 comments:

Amy said...

SO glad you are having a great time and learning so much!! It is so exciting for me to read about it and of course imagine how awesome that would be if I had done that at your age. It sounds like you know just how lucky you are!!

SprinklerBandit said...

That sounds fabulous! Keep us updated.

Lex said...

thank you !!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear more and see photos! I love being a working student/intern. :D